Thursday 11 April 2013

The many faces of English Lecturers

"It's not what happens to you that will determine how your life will turn out; it's what you do about it that will determine your life." This is a quotation taken from a reading comprehension passage. To be exact, it is from one of the passages of PSPM II WB023.I make it a point to highlight this quotation whenever I discuss this passage with my students. I want them to acknowledge that they are in control of their decisions and actions. By having a positive attitude about life in general, the students are likely to accomplish their goals. Personally, I feel that teaching English Language is not all about grammar, essays and summaries. It is also about inspiring, motivating and encouraging my students to go further. There are many people who will put them down. However, if my students' minds are constantly being fed by positive materials I am pretty sure that their life will be great. Amin..

No comments:

Post a Comment