Friday 1 March 2013

Research Project.

Currently, I am swamped with students' research project. For this semester in WB023, it is compulsory for all students to carry out a mini research.Briefly, this is what I usually do.First, I will group them in threes or fours. Next, find a suitable topic and ask for their lecturers' approval. Then comes the next step, that is the Introduction. The students will have to show the Objective, Statement of Problem and Hypotheses to me. The next part is the Methodology. As for myself, I prefer my students to  design a set of questions. Upon agreeing and approving their questionnaire, these students will have to photocopy and distribute them to the selective respondents.When that part is done, the students will tabulate and analyse the data. Later , they will write their conclusion, suggestions and recommendations. At first, some students (especially my Accounts students) are struggling to understand what this is all about . However, through guidance, trials and errors, they manage to come up with decent projects. The book 'English WBO23 For Matriculation Students" which they are currently using, is a tremendous help. I would recommend for all lecturers to utilize the book.

-Yati-

1 comment:

  1. Yes... totally and wholeheartedly agree that the mentioned book was a great help. It shed so much light on the required task (project). Am looking forward to using it (new edition of course) for the coming batch of students.

    No matter how some would feel about being constrained upon using a "textbook" - I always believe on the need to fall back on something tangible. The book of course is not without its flaws but nonetheless, it is beneficial for students and lecturers alike.

    Have a pleasant day ahead :)

    -Rizal-

    ReplyDelete